Thursday, September 24, 2009

Cosmetology

I have been in cosmetology school for 5 weeks now. It is insane. I Love it. I have learned so much in the last 5 weeks. I am in OR a.k.a. Orientation which means we have been taking non-stop notes the whole time. It really is so much to handle but I am so excited for when i actually get to stop taking notes and get out on the floor and do hair. So far we've learned 3 main styles of hair cuts in three shapes. Round, square, and triangular; layers, graduated and one length. Cutting hair is so hard. You have to learn all the techniques and it is alot more complicated then you could ever imagine. Cutting is probably the hardest part for me. I have cut three peoples hair. My mom, MaKell, and Debbie. We've also learned pedicures, manicures, scalp treatments, how to wrap perms, how to weave color, updoes, curls, braids, color application, waxing and a bunch of other stuff. We have a guest artist every wednesday who is usually a nail artist or someone who owns a salon. But this week the extension lady from Foxi Hair came and gave everyone in the class one extension of whichever bright color they chose. Mine is hot pink. It is all so crazy but there are so many amazing things you can do. I can't wait to work on everyones hair, it is really going to be so much fun for me. So you all get ready to do something crazy! I'll keep you posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment